TWiki Language by the Line
- Separate each paragraph with a blank line.
- To display a word or phrase in bold type, surround it by asterisks:
- To display a word or phrase in italic, surround it by underscores:
- To display a word or phrase in bold italic, surround it by double underscores:
- To link to another Wiki topic, type the WikiWord for that topic. To link to a Wiki topic in another web, type the name of the web, a dot, and the WikiWord for that topic:
- If you add a WikiWord for a topic that doesn't exist, you'll see a question mark after it, prompting you (or someone else) to edit the new topic: FreshTopic. Once edited, enter the new WikiName and it will appear as a link to the that page.
- When entering WikiName links, include the home web name as a prefix, ex: all TWiki member pages are in the Main web, so enter
- For an external link, just type the URL, starting with
- To prevent a WikiName from becoming a link, type
- To indent with a bullet, enter space-space-space-asterisk-space.
- Use a multiple of 3 spaces to start nested bullets.
- Start items in a numbered list with space-space-space-1-space.
- The "1" (or any number) will be replaced by the correct number in order.
- Always start counting for bullets and such from the beginning of a new line.
- To include an image, type its URL. You also can Attach an image to the page and display it with text
- To display a word or phrase in
MONOSPACED TYPE, surround it by '=' characters. Use two for bold:
bold mono .
Surround code excerpts, filenames, and other
unformatted text with <pre> or </pre>
<verbatim> and </verbatim> tags.
- Use three or more consecutive hyphens for a horizontal rule:
- To see the markup for any page, click on Raw text on the lower toolbar.