TWiki Shorthand, Quickly
If you can enter text, send an email, your ready for TWiki. Use some simple, intuitive TWiki shorthand, and you have even more control - instantly!
- Separate each paragraph with a blank line.
- To display a word or phrase in bold type, put it in asterisks:
- To display a word or phrase in italic, put it in underscores:
- To display a word or phrase in bold italic, put it in double underscores:
- To link to another Wiki topic, type the WikiWord for that topic. To link to a Wiki topic in another web, type the name of the web, and a dot, first:
- If you enter a WikiWord for a topic that doesn't exist, it'll appear highlighted, with question mark at the end, prompting you (or someone else) to start off the new topic by clicking the ? - FreshTopic (click the ?, but don't save, to preserve the example!).
- When entering WikiName signatures - like, guest - include the Main as a prefix, since all TWiki member pages are in the Main web:
- For an external link, type the full URL:
- To prevent a WikiWord from becoming a link, type
- To indent with a bullet, enter
- Use multiples of 3 spaces to start nested bullets.
- Start items in a numbered list with
- The "1" (or any number) will be replaced by the correct number, in order.
- Always start counting for bullets and such from the beginning of a new line.
- To include an image, type its URL. You also can Attach an image to the page and display it with text
- To display a word or phrase in
MONOSPACED TYPE, put it in equal signs:
==two== for bold:
Surround code excerpts, filenames, and other
unformatted text with <pre> or </pre>
or the special TWiki use <verbatim> and
- Use three (or more) consecutive hyphens expands into a horizontal rule:
- 14 Sep 2001