CSS based skin with clean and productive editing environment. For use in corporate or perhaps in personal websites it should be fairly easy to tune the looks or even create a PatternSkin-based new skin.
Creating your own look
- how to configure page elements
Style sheet customization
- how to customize the visual style
The original Photoshop files of the skin graphics (mainly background images) are attached to PatternSkinGraphics
Hide content in print
class to hide specific content from printing. Example:
This text does not show in print view
PatternSkin has been tested successfully on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 5.5
- Mozilla/Firefox 3.5, 2.0, 1.5
- Mac OS X
- Safari 5.0.5, 3.0.2
- Mozilla/Firefox 3.5, 2.0, 1.5
Though not thoroughly tested, PatternSkin works fine with Google Chrome at least from 2013.
With HTML5 capable web browsers, the Attach page of this skin provides a drag and drop feature. You can click the drop area to use a file dialog box. In the dialog box, you can select multiple files at a time. This drag and drop feature uses DropzoneJS
With the other browsers, the Attach page shows a button to pop up a file dialog box. You can select only one file at a time.
You can upload up to 10 files at a time.
File uploading starts when you click the "Uplaod file" button.
Before that, you can remove a file from the upload file list by clicking a "Remove file" (on HTML5 capable web browsers) or a removal icon (on HTML5 incapable web browsers).
Specifically, the drag and drop feature works with the following web browsers.
- Chrome 7+
- Firefox 4+
- IE 10+
- Opera 12+ (Version 12 for Mac OS is disabled because their API is buggy)
- Safari 6+
In case you want to disable the drag and drop feature with an HTML5 capable browser, you can do it by setting
To do it at the web level, the following line is to be put on WebPreferences.
* Set DROPZONEJS_DISABLE = on
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this skin. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the skin on the server where TWiki is running.
PatternSkin is included with TWiki by default. Use the following instructions only if you are upgrading PatternSkin.
- Download the ZIP file from the Skin Home page (see below)
PatternSkin.zip in your twiki installation directory
- Test if installed: /do/view/TWiki/PatternSkin?skin=pattern
- For skin activation see TWikiSkins
If you have set the SKIN variable setting to
and you still don't see the layout as on the screenshot
, a few settings in may have been disabled.
Check these variables here:
- TWIKILAYOUTURL = /pub/TWiki/PatternSkin/layout.css
- TWIKISTYLEURL = /pub/TWiki/PatternSkin/style.css
- TWIKICOLORSURL = /pub/TWiki/PatternSkin/colors.css
- SKIN = tagme, topmenu, pattern
If TWIKILAYOUTURL or TWIKISTYLEURL don't give a value or point to non-existing files, check in TWikiPreferences
that the following variables do exist and that they are set to on:
* %SYSTEMWEB%.PatternSkin settings:
* Set TWIKILAYOUTURL = %PUBURLPATH%/%SYSTEMWEB%/PatternSkin/layout.css
* Set TWIKISTYLEURL = %PUBURLPATH%/%SYSTEMWEB%/PatternSkin/style.css
* Set TWIKICOLORSURL = %PUBURLPATH%/%SYSTEMWEB%/PatternSkin/colors.css
customization of these values should be done in Main.TWikiPreferences
If this still does not work, contact the administrator who installs skins.
For further troubleshooting and feedback, go to TWiki:Plugins/PatternSkinDev
. Report bugs at TWikibug:PatternSkin