To work with entire TWiki webs, you need direct access to the installation files on the host server. Connecting by Telnet or FTP is the usual approach. Before making changes to a web, you can move individual topics through your browser (see ModifyTopics
). No similar web controls are available through the browser interface.
How to Add a New Web
How to Rename or Delete a Web
- NOTE: Think twice if you intend to rename the TWiki.Main web, since many files point to it. If you do rename it, you'll also have to change all occurrences of
Main to the new web name - this includes, for example, the user signatures across your entire TWiki site. (On the other hand, if the variable
%MAINWEB% is used throughout, you have no problem.)
- Prepare your site: Other webs may link to the web you want to rename or delete. Search each web for links to the target web: search all webs for
Abouttochange. - include the period to find topics like
Abouttochange.SomeTopic. Make changes as required.
- Edit the TWikiPreferences topic: Rename or delete the web from the
- Edit the TWikiWebsTable topic: Rename or delete the web from the table.
- Connect to the TWiki server: Login via Telnet or FTP.
- Edit the data files: Go to
twiki/data and rename or delete the web directory.
- Edit the template files: Go to
twiki/templates and rename or delete the web directory if present.
- Edit the public files: Go to
twiki/pub and rename or delete the web directory if present.
- 29 Aug 2001