- 18 May 2016
The new version of CloudSuite
is developed on Docker files so it needs different installation than last one. The new version needs Ubuntu 14.04 so I cloned one of VM and upgraded it to 14.04.
Creating Swarm Manager
In order to connect dockers which are installed on different nods we need installing Swarm.
- cloned Vm and named it cs-v3-web-swarmmanager-x64 and assigned it 10.0.100.62.
- installed docker by this link guide.
- opened terminal and wrote: docker pull swarm
- Got error "Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?" so run sudo usermod -aG docker mike and sudo usermod -aG docker root then logout and login
- docker pull progrium/consul
- add DOCKER_OPTS="-H unix:///var/run/docker.sock -H tcp://0.0.0.0:2375 \ --cluster-store consul://10.0.100.62:8500 \ --cluster-advertise eth0:2375" to /etc/default/docker(in this link they wrote step 6 completly wrong and take one day to figure out what happens.)
- sudo service docker restart
- docker run -d -p 8500:8500 --hostname 10.0.100.62 --name consul-store progrium/consul -server -bootstrap (again in the swarm installation guide by CloudSuite, they made this line mistake and consumed a lot of time to solve it)
- docker run -d --name swarm-agent swarm join --advertise=10.0.100.62 :2375 consul://10.0.100.62:8500 (again CloudSuite team writed this line wrongly. Now I am not surprised why CloudSuite is such a confusing software)
- repeat step 2,3,4,6,7,9 on every VMs but just in step 9 replace --advertise IP address with each VM IP address.
- docker -H tcp://10.0.100.62:22222 network create --driver overlay swarm-network
I did following steps on frontend machine(Please check swarm-agent is running: docker start 'swarm-agent')
1. docker pull cloudsuite/web-serving:web_server
2. docker -H tcp://10.0.100.62:22222 run -dt --name=web_server cloudsuite/web-serving:web_server /etc/bootstrap.sh