Welcome to TWiki! This is a TWikiSite
(pronounced twee-kee site
), a meeting place to work on common interests. Anyone can contribute using any web browser. TWiki looks like a normal web site... except that it encourages contribution and editing
of pages, questions, answers, comments and updates.
"Wiki" systems are fundamentally editable web pages. It's a fun and useful way of communicating asynchronously over the web for many existing intranet and public Internet sites. TWiki is simple to learn and use. It aims to provide a transparent way for you to publish and exchange your ideas with others over the web.
What's in a TWiki?
- Webs: A TWikiSite is divided into webs, each one represents a workspace for collaboration. This site has the following webs: Forum, Main, NDSG, ORUA, OpsRes, Sandbox, TWiki.
- Topics: Each web is made up of hyperlinked topics (wiki pages) that appear in your browser.
Some things to do
- Browse. This is a site like other sites. Read and follow interesting links.
- Write. Speak your mind! From your browser you can change or add to anything you see in a TWiki topic. Modify content with an easy to use WYSIWYG editor.
- Experiment. Visit the Sandbox web and create as many topics as you like.
- Organize. You can learn to use TWikiForms and formatted searches with SQL-like queries to include topic information - for example, classify pages by subject, status, or date.
- Learn more. Some good places to start:
- TWikiTutorial is a 20-minute tour of TWiki essentials.
- ATasteOfTWiki is a short introduction training course for beginners.
- WikiReferences links to selected articles and books about wiki technology and online collaboration.
- WikiSyntax - simple wiki syntax for those using raw edit instead of WYSIWYG editor
- GoodStyle - recommendations for edits
Editing a topic
Edit at the top or bottom of any topic and make your changes.
Note: Don't worry if you make a mistake. Everything is version controlled, you can easily go back in time.
Save - you've now updated the topic!
Creating a new topic
- See a red-colored WikiWord? That means that there's no topic yet for that NewWikiWord88198. Simply click on the red-link to create a topic with that name. Add your content and save. Done!
- To create your own topic, invent a BrandNewWikiWord name and put it into an existing topic. Click on the red-link of BrandNewWikiWord to create the topic.
Viewing the history of a topic
History at the bottom of a topic.
Attaching files and images
Attach to upload and attach any type of file.
- When attaching an image file (
.jpg), check the "link" checkbox to embed the image into the topic. Edit the topic to move/resize the image.
Related topics: UserDocumentationCategory
Raw edit a topic and paste YouTube videos, Twitter feeds and other objects.
-- Contributors: TWiki:Main/GrantBow