How to rename, move, or delete a topic
You can now rename, move and delete individual topics from your browser. All three options are available by clicking the [Rename/Move] on the lower toolbar. The access settings for a particular page, web or entire site may disable one or more of the three options. In any case, all three are similar and extremely self-explanatory on-screen.
- On the topic you want to change, click Rename/move
- To move or delete, from the pull-down menu, select the target web ("Trash" for delete); otherwise, leave on the current web
- To rename, fill in new WikiName, or leave the default current topic anme
- You will be warned if there are locks or if there is a name clash - adjust accordingly, or [Cancel]
- A list of pages that link to the topic will be listed, checked by default: checked links will be updated; clear the checkbox to prevent any unwanted changes
- Click [Rename/Move]: the topic will be renamed and links to the topic updated.
- If any of the referring pages are locked then they will be listed. You can correct these later by again pressing Rename/Move.
Deleting means moving the topic to the Trash web. Since all webs share the one Trash, name conflicts may come up.