Empty TWiki Plugin
This is an empty plugin you can use as a template to build your own TWikiPlugins
. This plugin does nothing, but is ready to be used.
To create your own plugin:
- Copy file
<name>Plugin.pm and customize the plugin.
- Create a
<name>Plugin topic in the TWiki web. Do so by visiting https://TWiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/ and starting a new topic to get the default plugin topic text (don't save the topic). Customize your plugin topic to your needs.
- See details in TWikiPlugins.
(describe the syntax)
EmptyPlugin Global Settings
Plugin settings are stored as preferences variables. To reference a plugin setting write
, for example,
- One line description, shown in the TextFormattingRules topic:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = This plugin does nothing, but can be used as a template for your own plugins.
- Your own settings, for example:
- Debug plugin: (See output in
Plugin Installation Instructions
(This plugin is preinstalled, you do not need to install it.)
You do not need to install anything on the browser to use this plugin. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the plugin on the server where TWiki is running.
- Download the ZIP file from the Plugin web (see below)
EmptyPlugin.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Plugin Perl module |
| Plugin topic |
| Plugin topic repository |
- Test if the plugin is correctly installed:
Related Topics: TWikiPreferences
- 27 Feb 2001
- 14 Jul 2001