Main Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the Main
web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, i.e. TWikiGuest
in the TWiki.Main web)
- List of topics of the TWiki.Main web:
- Web specific background color: (Pick a lighter one of the StandardColors)
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, Set SITEMAPLIST =
on, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. Main.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = Welcome to TWiki... Users, Groups, Offices - tour this expandable virtual workspace.
- Set SITEMAPUSETO = ...get a first-hand feel for TWiki possibilities.
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to
on for hidden webs)
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the Main web: (See TWikiAccessControl)
- Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
- Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE =
- Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Set ALLOWWEBRENAME =
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (I.e. TWikiAdminGroup)
- Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE =
- Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME =
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
- A preference is defined as:
6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to =#FFEFA6 = .
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce new preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates. There is no need to change the TWiki engine (Perl scripts).